Algonquian Tribes | Communities | First Nations | Ojibway Indians History | Reservations | Tribes




Rocky Boy Tribe of Chippewa Indians of Montana Needs Your Help


Rocky Boy Tribe of Chippewa Indians of Montana needs funding to establish offices at Blackfeet Reservation, Crow-Northern Cheyenne Reservation, Flathead Reservation, Fort Belknap Reservation and at Great Falls, Montana where Hill 57 Reservation is located. Our goal is to gain Tribal Recognition at Blackfeet Reservation, Crow-Northern Cheyenne Reservation, Flathead Reservation and Fort Belknap Reservation and Federal Recognition for Rocky Boys Tribe of Chippewa Indians at Great Falls with Reservation. Your donation will be greatly appreciated. Below is my paypal link where you can donate to this very important cause for survival. If you are interested in becoming a member of Rocky Boys Tribe of Chippewa Indians of Montana, you can fill out a form here . In comments box, please include your tribal affiliation. In Montana, members of Blackfeet, Crow-Northern Cheyenne, Flathead, Fort Belknap and Rocky Boys Reservation are automatically members of Rocky Boys Tribe of Chippewa Indians of Montana. However, if you are a member from another tribe (Reservation) your application will be approved if you have proof of membership from your tribe (Reservation).


Click Here To Donate






Turtle Mountain Reservation Home


Shell Valley, Turtle Mountain Reservation


Located a little over 6 miles southwest of Belcourt, the Chippewa cdp of Shell Valley has a population of supposedly 1,197. The census designated place (CDP) has over 390 housing units. Average household size is 3.0 persons per housing unit. Out of the population, around 97% are Indian. The remaining 3% is non Indian. The Turtle Mountain Reservation community of Shell Valley, covers over 1.0 sq. mi. It has an elevation of 1,775 feet above sea level. The settlement is another poor one. Around 57% of the settlements inhabitants live under the poverty line. It is located on the southern fringe of the Turtle Mountain Plateau. Shell Valley is one of several Turtle Mountain Reservation housing clusters. Below is a google earth picture of this settlement.



Click for Belcourt, North Dakota Forecast



Shell Valley From Above



Free Book


The Algonquian Conquest of the Mediterranean Region of 11,500 Years Ago




Contact


2009-2017 Anishinabe-History.Com